Monday, June 28, 2010

Midsummer in Skeppsmyra

From Midsommar2010
Another Midsummer has past and I spent it with friends by the coast. More specifically on Björkö, a two-hour drive from Uppsala. It is truly beautiful in these parts. Quite different from the Uppsalian topography. We enjoyed our stay at Lyckhem Vandrarhem, located in the midst of the woods, and with plenty of birds and mosquitos. Luckily, Clara had brought her Mosquito Repeller (emitting a high pitched sound, imitating a mosquito in heat, or something) and I was armed with a strong chemical/toxic deterrent which I smeared on exposed skin, and was saved from any bites. When I returned home, I did a rigorous inspection of my very person, to ensure no ticks were strolling over it, remembering the passenger I had brought home from last year's coastal visit...
Anyhow, enjoy the pictures!

No comments: