Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Spanish Job


About a week ago, I traveled down to the southern end of Spain on a job related mission. In my company I had a very skilled Swedish film photographer named Ulf, and our objective was to capture some procedures in the loading and unloading of cargo at the very large port of Algeciras. Also joining in were some Danish fellows who represented the company that owns the facilities down there. As you can see, they were rather large and probably as awe-inspiring to the Mediterraneans as once the Vikings. They could be observed standing on deck with their weight equally on both feet and gazing across the bay to the rock of Gibraltar, guarding the entrance to the landlocked ocean, as it were. One must presume that the photographer and I imposed a slightly less towering appearance.
I, in turn, was very impressed with the scale of the cranes that haul containers from deck to shore and vice versa.
Before returning home, me and Ulf had time to take a little detour to the hills and visit the charming city of Ronda, see album.

Algeciras

1 comment:

Quintin said...

Buenas fotos !
Y mucho exito en el concierto de hoy en Rogemont.

Papi